Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What We Love Wednesday - Wildlife!

Today Mrs. Claborn and I went on a FAB-U-LOUS field trip. It was an hour long bus ride from our school, but SO well worth the trip. We teachers loved it because it was very well organized, everything ran smoothly, the staff was very attentive and the field trip was engaging. Of course, I'm happy if my kiddos are happy and they definitely were! The students loved it because they got to see exotic animals close up, pet a kangaroo and a lemur, go on a safari and pet horses and camels, see zebras, donkeys, zedonks, potbelly pigs, and some others I know I'm forgetting, and finally go on a "train" ride. If you're in North Texas, you definitely need to check out Sharkarosa Wildlife Ranch. We took 85-ish kids, 4 teachers, and lots of parents and EVERYONE had a great time. In fact, it was so fun that I left immediately after our staff meeting (that never happens), went home and took about a 2 hour nap. Whew. I bet my firsties' parents will have no trouble getting those sweethearts to bed tonight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment