Thanks to Dana from A Place to Share for giving me affirmation that someone is reading this, AND for my first award!
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 5 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
Seven things about me:
1. My mom, aunts and grandmothers were/are all in education in someway. One grandmother was a music teacher, another worked as a school secretary, my mom taught for 39 years (I think that's right), my aunt Leslie still teaches kindergarten and my other aunt is a speech pathologist in public schools. It was my destiny to be a teacher!
2. I hate chicken. Weird, huh? I will tolerate chick-fil-a if I can DROWN it in bbq.
3. I love to read. I would usually rather read than say, watch tv or a movie. I like to read all kinds of books, except romance... which is funny since all of the above mentioned teacher family members can't get enough of that stuff.
4. I LOVE music. I couldn't live without my Sirius satellite radio in my car. My fave channel is channel 26 - Sirius XMU. I sing along VERY loudly in the car.
5. I am obsessed with France - which you probably already know if you read my very first Fantastic First blog post. I am a sucker for ANYTHING with an Eiffel Tower on it or un mot Francais (a french word)!
6. I really, truly, love my job. I am excited to come to work every day, and I cry on the last day of school. Also, I work very hard each year to convert all of my students into Longhorn fans. It's working. They're brainwashed :).
7. I cannot for the life of my figure out how to waterski or wakeboard, but none the less I LOVE water, boats, lakes, etc. That was my FAVORITE thing about living in Austin in the summers during college. I am content to watch others demonstrate their water sport talents, or just hang out - anything to be on or near a body of water!
As easy as it is for me to talk about myself, that was actually hard. On to the 5 awesome blogs I will be passing this award on to:
A Burst of First
Not Just Child's Play
Swamp Frog First Graders
Have a great weekend!
In Defense of Read-Alouds
1 day ago